Waco Blog

Austin Avenue

Looking west up Austin Avenue from Waco City Hall on the Square. Because of the presence of the American Amicable (ALICO) Building, we know this is post-1911. Postcard image from eBay.

Gates of Cameron Park

Main Entrance to Cameron ParkHerring Avenue at North Fourth These gates were built in the 1930s from stone that was a part of the old City Hall that was on the Square until it was demolished in 1930. In 1971, Herring Avenue Bridge was completed, and this scene was gone forever.