Sublett Grocery Store
L.M and son B.H. Sublett
201 Dallas Road
(North beyond limits; not Dallas Street.)
“L. M. Sublett came to Waco in 1885 and served as principal of the East Waco School while operating the Sublett Grocery Store. The store was the first Negro-owned business in Waco and remained in operation from 1887 to 1938.”
From the book “Waco Texas Crossroads” (1983) by Patricia Ward Wallace.
