Chatham’s Drive-In, 1955-1976
Ford Chatham & C.L. Chatham
West Waco Drive & Valley Mills Drive
Ford Chatham and C.L. Chatham bought what had been Steve’s Café in 1955, and opened Chatham’s Drive-In. It was a very popular place for friends, dates and families. It was known for steak baskets, fish baskets, and fried chicken baskets. It also had a very imaginative drink menu…The Purple Cow, for instance! The signs showed below were displayed on the front of Chatham’s. And the drinks came complete with plastic monkeys, giraffes, mermaids, and an assortment of other trinkets that adorned the glasses.
These photos of those signs were digitally restored by Dr. Spencer Moore.