Smallest Church in the World
Layman’s Time Shop
According to the back of this postcard, this little building had an 8’ x 8’ sanctuary, eight seats, a pipe organ, a pulpit and a recording machine for making records. According to a a June 22, 2013 article in The Waco Tribune Herald, this church building was at another location and active in the 1930s and 1940s and the pastor was Rev. Bernie Hayter. In 1949, it was moved to 909 Columbus and became “Layman’s Time Shop”.