The Waco Traffic Circle was built in 1933, and highways connected to it in 1934 and 1935. The date of this photo is unknown. The Elite Café, not shown, was built in 1941. When the Circle was first built, it was “out in the country”. Wacoans could drive out S. 18th Street to Circle Road and then drive around the Circle and drive back to town. No highways were connected to it yet. But in 1934 and 1935, all the major highways around Waco were connected it, and it became the traffic hub of Waco. We’ve been “surviving the Circle” for almost 88 years!