Pete and Joy Griffin owned this grocery store/service station/bait shop out North 19th, just across the Bosque River Bridge. Most people referred to this area as Bosqueville, but it was actually Banana Junction, a name most likely given to it by Camp MacArthur (1917-19) soldiers. In those days, there was a large fruit stand there, and the soldiers would stop for refreshment as they marched out to Bosqueville and China Spring for training exercises. The true historic Bosqueville is further up Rock Creek Road, where the churches, cemetery and school are located.
Known by locals as “Pete’s”, this store was a well-loved gathering place, and it lives on in the memories of those who knew it well.