The Chicken Shack, located at 909 North Loop Drive, was one of Waco’s well-loved restaurants. Opened in 1934 by Frank L. Strange, Wacoans loved the Chicken Shack’s specialty, Leslie’s Fried Chicken. They were also known for their homemade rolls…served with butter and honey! An additional location was opened in the 1970s at
1724 South Valley Mills Drive.
Both locations are gone now, but anyone who knew it can remember the amazing taste, and many would say it was the best fried chicken they ever ate!